The field of microbial sciences is evolving. More and more important discoveries are occurring at the intersections between disciplines. Trans-disciplinary collaboration has never been more important than it is now.
Integrating ASM's two premier events, General Meeting and ICAAC, the all-new ASM Microbe 2016 (June 16–20, 2016, Boston, MA) showcases the best microbial sciences in the world and provides a one-of-a-kind forum to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology from basic science to translation and application.
A ground-breaking event unlike any other, ASM Microbe 2016 offers unparalleled learning and networking opportunities. This is the meeting that anyone involved in microbiology should attend. Here are the top five reasons you should come to this meeting:
- It is the largest gathering of microbiologists in the world and the premier global event that showcases the best microbial sciences.
- It is the only meeting in the field that offers you the rare opportunity to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology - from basic science to translational and clinical application. By attending this meeting, you can not only get all the great science that the General Meeting and ICAAC offer, but also benefit from the newly-designed trans-disciplinary sessions, a special Profession of Microbiology Track, and more.
- It features over 250 substantive, thought-provoking sessions and more than 3,500 posters to help you stay abreast of the latest developments and cutting-edge research findings in the field. It also offers opportunities for continuing education.
- It provides career-building networking opportunities to allow you to exchange ideas with your peers across multiple disciplines and expand your professional network.
- It brings together leading product and service providers to offer you the best solutions to tackle your most pressing challenges.
Everything you need is under one roof. Join more than 10,000 of your peers from across the globe at this unprecedented event. No matter what your discipline or career level is, ASM Microbe 2016 is guaranteed to offer something of interest.
Why is ASM Microbe 2016 a unique event?
ASM Microbe 2016 is the largest gathering of microbiologists in the world and the only meeting in the field that explores the full scope of microbiology – from basic science to translational and clinical application. By integrating ASM's two most popular events, General Meeting and ICAAC, ASM Microbe 2016 provides unparalleled learning and networking opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else.
How does ASM Microbe 2016 differ from the traditional General Meeting and ICAAC?
ASM Microbe 2016 offers all of the high-quality programming of the General Meeting and ICAAC, and more. It covers the same science and topics the traditional General Meeting and ICAAC offered, and also provides targeted trans-disciplinary sessions, a special Profession of Microbiology track, an expanded poster hall, topic-based networking opportunities, track-specific lounges, a broader range of products and services in the Exhibit Hall. Everything you need is under one roof!
How are programming and posters organized for ASM Microbe 2016?
All programming and posters for ASM Microbe 2016 are organized under the following seven tracks:
- Applied and Environmental Science
- Clinical Science and Epidemiology
- Ecological and Evolutionary Science, Host-Microbe Biology
- Molecular Biology and Physiology
- Therapeutics and Prevention
- Profession of Microbiology
These seven tracks represent a new way of organizing the same science and topics you've always experienced at the General Meeting and ICAAC. The Profession of Microbiology track is a new track which encompasses all non-scientific programming such as funding, career development, and the history of science.
The all-new ASM Microbe 2016 features more than 250 sessions and over 3,500 posters within the 7 tracks. Take a closer look at the scheduled sessions, sessions by track, and the Schedule-at-a-Glance here.
When will the call for sessions open for ASM Microbe 2016? Can I submit session ideas separately for the General Meeting and ICAAC?
Call for sessions for ASM Microbe 2016 is now closed. It is a single call for sessions that will inform the work of the General Meeting, ICAAC, and Profession of Microbiology program committees.
When will the call for abstracts open for ASM Microbe 2016? Can I submit session ideas separately for the General Meeting and ICAAC?
Call for abstracts for ASM Microbe 2016 is now closed. Abstract dispositions will be emailed February 29, 2016. Late-breaker abstract submission opened in February 19, 2016.
What networking opportunities does ASM Microbe 2016 offer?
This meeting will feature topic-based networking and other social and networking events to enable you to connect with like-minded peers and find your "home" within the larger meeting.
This is a big meeting and seems a little overwhelming for me. How will this meeting meet MY needs?
ASM Microbe 2016 explores the full spectrum of microbiology and covers a wide range of topics that appeal to anyone involved in microbial sciences. No matter what your discipline or career level is, this meeting is guaranteed to offer something of interest.
What about the registration fee? Will there be separate fees for the General Meeting and ICAAC?
ASM Microbe 2016 is an integrated meeting with only one registration fee. There will be no separates fees for the General Meeting and ICAAC, and discounted rates are available. For a price comparable to past registration fees, you will now have full access to the all-new ASM Microbe – which offers everything the General Meeting and ICAAC offer, and more. It is an unmatched value you cannot find anywhere else.
What are the important dates I should keep in mind?
- Call for sessions, courses, and workshops open: April 7–May 19, 2015
- 2016 Merck-ICAAC Young Investigator Awards application deadline: September 30, 2015
- ASM Premium Member registration opens: December 17, 2015
- Registration opens to everyone: January 7, 2016
- Abstract submission opens: Mid-November 2015
- Abstract submission deadline: January 12, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Travel awards application deadline: January 12, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. ET
- Abstract dispositions emailed: February 29, 2016
- Abstract withdrawal deadline: March 7, 2016
- Abstract notification of presentation day, date, and time: March 14, 2016
- Late-breaker abstract submission opens: February 19, 2016
- Late-breaker abstract submission deadline: March 17, 2016
- Late-breaker abstract withdrawal deadline: April 13, 2016
- Late-breaker abstract dispositions emailed: mid-April 2016
- Early bird registration deadline: May 5, 2016
In which venue will ASM Microbe 2016 take place?
ASM Microbe 2016 sessions, posters, exhibits, and events will take place in four venues:
- Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC)
- Seaport Boston Hotel & Seaport World Trade Center (WTC)
- Westin Boston Waterfront
- Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Why should I come to this meeting?
Drawing more than 10,000 attendees and exhibitors from around the world, and featuring over 250 sessions plus more than 3,500 posters, ASM Microbe 2016 provides an unmatched value. By attending this meeting, you can learn the best microbial sciences in the world, explore the complete spectrum of microbiology, interact with multi-disciplinary microbiologists, meet leading product and service providers, get Continuing Education, and more. You will return home informed and recharged, and be well-prepared for whatever comes your way. This is the meeting that anyone involved in microbiology should attend!
What are the future meeting dates?
June 1–5, 2017
New Orleans, Louisiana
June 7–11, 2018
June 20–24, 2019
San Francisco, California
June 18–22, 2020
If I have additional questions, whom should I contact?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist you with any further questions you might have.